Friday, September 11, 2015

Album Review: "III: Eternalism - The Psychospherical Chapter" by Stellar Master Elite

III: Eternalism - The Psychospherical Chapter
 It's always fun discovering new music isn't it?

I recently made the point that I don't care if people do or don't know the artists I enjoy, but being as I listen to so many different artists along such a wide spectrum, it's pretty easy for me to say that don't you think?

As for today, I'm listening to the new release by Stellar Master Elite all the way from The Rhineland in Germany.

They have been at the music game since 2010. Obviously we are considering their third album.

The first two albums were released in 2011 and 2013. That puts these Germans on a good two year cycle between albums. They're listed as Death/Black Metal, but I wonder if that's the same as Blackened Death Metal?

Or Blackened Chicken?

Stellar Master Elite
If you want to hear what genre of metal I would put them in...

They are clearly Fuzz Possessed Space Dirge Blackened Science Fiction Metal.

But I'm just being silly and I'm not even sure what dirge means. So let's stop talking about what this album clearly isn't...

Stellar Master Elite have birthed an album of nine songs, and they each seem longer than the preceding.

The final blast, before the very short, ending  number, is a full fourteen minutes of metal. Their songs are long, and do not feature strong changes, instrumental breaks, or overly ambitious guitar solos.

The songs are fuzzy which gives the song a different quality than I am used to with metal. It some ways it softens the blow, until the growling vocals come in, and then all bets are off.

The hyper picking, never stopping, and never slowing make this an enjoyable listen from start to finish. I may never know what they're singing about, but I'm totally find with that.

Release: 10/1/15
Genre: Metal
Label: Essential Purification Records
Facebook Link
Bandcamp Link



No comments:

Post a Comment